Music Production & Engineering Program: Hand-Over-Hand Training
I See Music Hand Over Hand Music Production and Engineering Program (MPEP) is performed at On The Moon Recording Studio, located in Beecher Illinois. Below is the sequence:
- Have an interest in audio production as a vocational and or educational direction.
- Have an active case open with a supporting agency or sponsor.
- Study all necessary information about the Music Production and Engineering Program for the blind (MPEP)offered by I See Music, LLC and provide it to the supporting agency or sponsor.
- I See Music performs an intake evaluation (PIE), which provides imperative information about the potential learners technical ability; covering his/her vocational and/or educational goals, past experience in the audio industry, and knowledge of computer keyboard. This evaluation includes a written recommendation of equipment necessary for learner’s training based on the PIE.
- Supporting sponsor or agency will purchase the recommended equipment for training; it will be shipped to I See Music LLC for training purposes. After training has been completed, I See Music LLC will properly package and shipped equipment to learner’s requested location.
- Once training has been scheduled; arrangements for lodging, travel, meals, and incidentals will be the responsibility of the customer counselor relationship. Tuition covers travel to and from lodging everyday. This also includes transportation to shop for basic needs, grocery, and medical emergencies.
- Training comprises of 6 training modules which are covered over 7 consecutive weeks, or 7 modules covered in 8 weeks. All instructional weeks consist of Monday through Thursday, 9 hours per day, from 9am to 6PM CST. Fridays are reserved for extra assistance. Pickup from point of lodging every morning is 8:15AM. Class runs from 9AM to 6PM. There are two 15 minute breaks at 11AM, and 4PM. Lunch is from 1PM until 2PM. Class resumes promptly after each break.
- At the end of every two modules an evaluation will be performed to highlight the learner’s progress..
MPEP Hand Over Hand Program Offering
The MPEP Training Program teaches low to no-vision people interested in music production foundational components of recording studio functions, while acquiring the ability to utilize new skill sets on an independent level.
MPEP is taught in 8-week sessions, composed of 7 modules per session, during a 4-day class week. The total amount of hours for completion is 256.
The classes are scheduled Monday – Thursday, and will utilize Friday as an optional make-up day.
When each learner begins the program, he or she will be introduced to the studio/classroom environment as it relates to its basic functions – moving about in the control room/sound booths, training room, personal needs, etc.
Full Time Only, Monday-Thursday 9am to 6pm, 1 hour lunch break, 2 15-minute breaks (1 morning break, 1 afternoon break)
|1||24 clock hours||Voice-Over Training – Mastery of Voice-Over functions and commands|
|2||40 clock hours||MAC O/S 10 – Orientation of the MAC computer, and basic functions of the MAC operating system|
|3||8 clock hours||Audio Interface/Equipment Familiarity|
|4||72 clock hours||DAW – Understanding and mastery of digital audio workstation|
|5||8 clock hours||Business Applications/Studio Etiquette|
|6||72 clock hours||Application & Recording/Signal Flow/ Mixing|
|7||32 clock hours||DJ Production|
Schedule Of Tution & Fees
The initial cost of the MPEP Training Program is $125 an hour. There is a learner intake assessment fee of $200 that is due prior to enrollment. The learner’s responsibility is an Apple Laptop computer that costs between $1,500 – $3,000 (based on vocational needs), and learning material $500. The payment schedule is based upon completion of each session. For example, every two modules averages 8 days of training, and an evaluation is done at which time it is determined the learner’s retention of information. An invoice is generated based on hours trained.
If a learner chooses to cancel or withdraw from the MPEP program, he or she will have the opportunity to receive a refund based on time of attendance. Every module attended reduces the student’s refund by 20%.